TIPPING YOUR TATTOO ARTIST
Tip Tor Tat!
This article is designed make the entire tattoo experience a little less painful by simplifying the tipping etiquette . Many details factor into the cost of your tattoo and the same goes for your tip. The basic rule to follow is 10%-30% per piece.
Things to consider when tipping your tattoo artist:
- Your tip should always reflect your experience. Was your tattoo artist informative, attentive and downright awesome? Did they take your vision and turn it into something unique and magical? With those types of situations you may feel inclined to tip more!
- Was your tattoo super complicated and really put their skills to the test? Had you made a lot of changes to the original design? Did they take the time with you to make sure everything was perfect and gave you that amazing piece you have always dreamed of? In those cases a nice tip can also say, “Thanks for going the extra mile!”
- Getting a tattoo can be a memorable experience. Did your artist make it even more meaningful? Most tattoo artists genuinely enjoy learning the story about your tattoo and in many cases it can help them breathe more life into the composition. If your artist went above and beyond the technical side of tattooing and ventured into the realm of a real heartwarming moment, return the love! We assure you it will make them feel awesome as well!
- You should always feel good about tipping your artist, but never obligated.
- If you don’t have the financial funds to tip, things like homemade gifts or a great review online are excellent ways to express your appreciation as well!